Sunday, March 26, 2017

It's Spring! Fresh Ideas for Speech Therapy


I used to love spring when I lived in NJ. The daffodils and crocuses would lift their sunny heads and the weather would warm up. Spring in NH is not nearly as nice. In fact, yesterday, the 24th of March, we got eight inches of snow. Earlier in the week we had indoor recess, because with the wind chill the temperature was below zero! After everything melts we get blessed with MUD. Oh the mud in NH! We live on a dirt road and it gets perilous! I learned early on after our move to New England to drive fast up the mountain in the snow and slow up the mountain in the mud. It seems counter intuitive, but that is how it works. Oh and try to stay out of the ruts!

I am fairly busy these days, so my therapy is going to be somewhat simple. Simple as springtime!


I realize I could go on, but I must stop somewhere and I need to get ready for a Saturday middle school play rehearsal! I hope these ideas inspire you to spring into spring with some fun and fresh therapy!! Enjoy and HAPPY SPRING (when it gets here!). Please link up with the Frenzied SLPs and share your springy ideas.





10 comments:

  1. You have quite a collection of mud books! I think I am glad to be driving on paved roads! Thanks for all of the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but up in NH, paved roads mean frost heaves!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking these mud books need to be added to my speech room as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mud, mud, I love mud
      I'm absolutely, positively, wild about mud!
      I can't go around it, I've gotta go through it.
      Beautiful, fabulous, super-duper mud!

      Delete
  3. You always inspire me! We don't have a lot of mud where I live...thank goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I think we inspire each other! ❤

      Delete
  4. Great minds...Miss Rumphius is quite a story! You know I love your non-fiction passages and can't wait to share them with my students. They are loving all the non-fiction and realistic fiction I have chosen this year! Sorry about all the mud:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great ideas! I love your mud book collection! Thanks for such a fun blog hop!
    Karen (The Pedi Speechie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure do wish my mud experience was limited to books! Thank you for linking up!!!

      Delete