Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Speechy and Teachers Pay Teachers Appreciation Sale



It's May! Better Hearing and Speech Month, Teacher Appreciation Day, AND a Teachers Pay Teachers sale!!  Add to that the frenzy of IEPs, progress reports and evaluation reviews.  Busy, busy days, so to help our friends, the Frenzied SLPs are hosting a linky highlighting a couple of our own products and some products in our carts.


My Editable Vocabulary Playing Card Decks consists of standard playing cards for middle and high school vocabulary development including:

Two 52-card decks addressing:
Synonyms
Antonyms
Word in sentence
Definition 
Part of speech sound
Multiple meaning
Association
Category
Taste
Smell
Texture
Sound
Location
Parts
Size, Shape, Color

This product has an added bonus of  52 editable cards so you can add your own option of deck.
These decks can be used while playing any traditional card game. Print the desired deck and pair with vocabulary specific to your students needs. My students LOVE these decks, they are fun, functional, and versatile!

My Spring in New England Nonfiction Text Passages for Middle School contains 6 nonfiction passages relating to springtime in New England. When I made this product I had my middle school students in mind and wanted to expose them to material that was relevant to our region. I think it is appropriate for high school speech-language students as well. Each passage is followed by several comprehension questions calling for higher-order thinking and context clues. Also included are vocabulary matching worksheets for each topic.

Topics include: Vernal pools
Peepers
Black flies (blech)
Ice out
Mud season
Frost heaves
Download includes:
4 SCOPE editing strategy cue cards
6 Passages
6 Vocabulary-definition matching pages
1 Vocabulary organizer page

Now, what am I buying?  Decisions, decisions! My wish list (I am ashamed to admit) is TEN pages long and has close to 200 items. Crazy. However, there are couple of items I have been waiting for sale day for.


The first is Little Red's Reading Comprehension Passages Bundle. This bundle looks amazing and should keep my students well supplied with informational text materials with 160 reading passages and corresponding comprehension questions. I can think of so many uses in language therapy for these passages!


The second product I am really looking forward to snagging is Panda Speech's Language Blocks. I have the articulation version and my students truly enjoy them.  This bad boy is chock full of language targets including vocabulary, following directions, grammar and so much more.

I hope this short list of my fave products is helpful. We would love to know what products you have to offer as well as what you may be purchasing, so link up and show us your cart!


No comments:

Post a Comment