Friday, May 1, 2015

Chicken Soup for the SLP Soul: Funny Edition Linky Party


Finally, May is here. Not only does May signal the end of the school year, but it's our month; our month to shine! I'm linking up with the indomitable Felice, our own Dabbling Speechie for her Chicken Soup for the SLP Soul! What a great idea! I really enjoy reading about all the funny experiences we have had. I certainly have had my fair share. I wish I had written them all down, I've forgotten so many, but this one is seared in my memory. Enjoy!

When I was still in New Jersey the elementary school I worked in offered a 3-5 class for students identified as "communication handicapped." I was in my early thirties and loved working with the preschool age group. I really miss them for their energy and unabashed honesty and love. One of my favorite little ones had these big, big blue eyes and little blond curls. She used to melt my heart by saying,"My love you, Mith Annie!" My word, she's an adult now!

One day I was returning something to a cabinet before walking another three year old companion back to class. He was standing just beside and a "little behind" me, looking up with those admiring eyes and a big, big smile. He took a deep breath and uttered the words that nearly bowled me over; "Ummmm... Miss Annie? You have... umm... big pants." Whaaaaat? Did this three year old just tell me I have a big A  butt? Yes, yes, I think he did! I went home and joined weight watchers.

I'm really looking forward to reading your funny SLP story. I need a good laugh!

6 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Out of the mouths of babes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still laugh about it. I even remember the pants I was wearing!

      Delete
  2. Soooo funny!!! (I was actually going to say the exact same thing Pam said!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like a reality slap from a three year old, yeah?

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up! Kids say the most honest things....funny thing...my middle schoolers say whatever is on their mind!!

    ReplyDelete